Discover BPS is a school search engine that helps parents understand where their children are eligible to go to school.
Please enter your home address and the grade which you are applying for below to generate the list of schools your student is eligible to attend.
Additional Resources to assist you in the School Choice and Registration Process
- Learn More about your list of school choices with our School Choice Reference Guide.
- Visit Schools by attending a School Information Session
- Explore the School Profiles on the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education's website.
Priority Registration Periods for the 2023-2024 School Year
Registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now available! You can start the process by pre-registering onine at https://sis.mybps.org and then schedule an appointment to complete your registration at https://booknow.appointment-plus.com.
Round 1: Priority registration for students entering K0, K1, K2, Grade 6, Grade 7*, and Grade 9:
January 4 - February 3, 2023
- Assignment notifications will be sent by March 31, 2023
- *Grade 7 students will receive notifications by May 31, 2023
Round 2: Priority registration for all other grades:
February 8 - April 7, 2023
- Assignment notifications will be sent by May 31, 2023
For more information on how to register for Boston Public Schools, please visit our website at bostonpublicschools.org/register. You can also watch a short video about the registration process here: BPS Registration Video
You can also call or visit a BPS Welcome Center with any questions about the registration process. BPS Welcome Centers
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic and associated data discontinuities, we will continue to utilize the most recent pre-pandemic School Quality Framework (SQF) tiers from Fall 2019 for school choice purposes.